University Web Developers

University Web Developers

Features of this site (32)

Featured Discussions

Should there be membership restrictions?

Currently this site is open to anyone including people working directly at colleges and universities, vendors, consultants, and anyone else…

Started by Mark GreenfieldLatest Reply

Should we add pages to this site

There is a hidden feature in Ning that allows you to add static html pages (It is still in Beta). Should we enable this feature? I think th…

Forum Posts vs. Group Posts

As we think about how best to organize this site, one question will be the relationship between what goes in the forum and what goes into t…

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Moving this site forward

My goal when we started this site 18 months ago was to create a community for higher education web professionals where we could build relat…

Started by Mark Greenfield

32 Feb 14, 2012
Reply by Michael McGlynn

Where Do We Go Next

UWEBD continues to grow at a steady pace.  This week we passed 3,300 members, and our growth continues at around 100 new members per month.…

1 Jul 7, 2010
Reply by Chris Wiegman

CUWEBD Has A New Owner

Or, it will have as soon as Ning finishes the procedure. Mark Greenfield has done the yeoman's work on making this Web version of UWEBD in…

Started by Terry Calhoun

4 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by Robin Smail

Ning Apps

Last week Ning officially launched a platform that gives users access to more than 90 embeddable applications and widgets. Here is the comp…

12 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by Jon Crannage

Status Updates on Ning

Ning's latest release includes providing Twitter-like status updates on profile pages. (See http://blog.ning.com/2009/09/tonights-release-i

6 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by almohaya

Moderating Requests for New Members

As our site has grown, we are seeing an increasing in inappropriate activity including new members joining with the sole purpose of solicit…

28 Jun 3, 2009
Reply by Mark Greenfield

Group "Latest Activity" Dates

I am curious about something related to the "Latest Activity" dates and times shown in the "Groups" area. Is there any way to identify what…

Started by Curtiss Grymala

0 May 14, 2009

The mug decision was an excellent choice

Because they also sent gummy bears! Yummy! Thanks for setting the mug thing up.

Started by K

20 Dec 29, 2008
Reply by Wendy Chun

IRC room

Let's set up an irc room, if for nothing more than trolling. Anyone know/care which network we use? for now, how about irc://irc.freenode.…

Started by Samuel Kallen

8 Nov 11, 2008
Reply by Bryan Jordin

Bring your uwebd mug to High Ed Web and win an ipod nano

For those of you who do not receive e-mail notifications from our site: Bring your uwebd mug to High Ed Web next week and use it during th…

3 Oct 3, 2008
Reply by Susan

RSS

Elsewhere

Latest Activity

Tarekegn Nibret is now a member of University Web Developers
Mar 15
Scott Dailey is now a member of University Web Developers
Mar 10
Lauren Zakich commented on Lynn Zawie's group OmniUpdate
"Our presenters at the 2017 OmniUpdate User Training Conference are eager to share their wisdom! See a special announcement about our esteemed keynote speaker, and find out what our presenters are most excited to share in their sessions in our latest…"
Mar 8
Profile IconJanice D Smith and Y. Boone joined University Web Developers
Mar 8
Catherine Crameri joined Mark Greenfield's group
Thumbnail

Accessibility

This group is for all those interested in Web Accessibility.See More
Feb 22
Catherine Crameri is now a member of University Web Developers
Feb 22
Lauren Zakich commented on Lynn Zawie's group OmniUpdate
"We’ll have tons of hands-on workshops at the 2017 OmniUpdate User Training Conference. Our latest blog post will show you which workshops are right for you!"
Feb 21
Songmei Han is now a member of University Web Developers
Feb 20
Colleen Brennan-Barry posted a discussion

HighEdWeb 2017: Call for Presentations is Open

The Higher Education Web Professionals Association is very pleased to announce that we are now accepting presentation proposals for the HighEdWeb 2017 Annual Conference, scheduled for October 8-11 in Hartford, CT.HighEdWeb 2017 is the conference BY and FOR higher education Web professionals who want to explore the unique web issues facing colleges and universities. Our profession is always growing, and we are looking for a wide variety of presenters and…See More
Feb 16
Eloine Chapman joined Anne Petersen's group
Thumbnail

Usability

A group for those interested in usability principles, practices, and testing.
Feb 9
Eloine Chapman replied to Mark Greenfield's discussion The UWEBD Social Network Will Live On
"I see that this site is associated with a mailing list. I don't see a place to sign up for that?"
Feb 9
Eloine Chapman joined Lynn Zawie's group
Thumbnail

OmniUpdate

Share your experiences using OmniUpdate CMS
Feb 9
Eloine Chapman joined Mark Greenfield's group
Thumbnail

Accessibility

This group is for all those interested in Web Accessibility.See More
Feb 9
Eloine Chapman replied to Mark Greenfield's discussion The UWEBD Social Network Will Live On
"Yeah! I didn't know about the mug. I gotta go get one. I am happy to hear about OmniUpdate valuing this since we signed up a few months ago. I am still developing some templates but I can't wait to use the system."
Feb 9
Profile IconAngela Polczynski and Alan Baker joined University Web Developers
Feb 9
Jason Bryner replied to Mark Greenfield's discussion The UWEBD Social Network Will Live On
"Wonderful! Thanks OmniUpdate!"
Feb 8
Jamie George replied to Mark Greenfield's discussion The UWEBD Social Network Will Live On
"Dear person reading this, No more mugs.  How do I drink my delicious coffee now?   Sleepy webdev, JG"
Feb 7
Roberta (Robin) Sullivan replied to Mark Greenfield's discussion The UWEBD Social Network Will Live On
"Thank you OmniUpdate."
Feb 7
Profile IconJamie George, Doug Bluff, MsMardyWilson and 5 more joined University Web Developers
Feb 7
Andrea S Wasiura joined Michelle Cryan's group
Thumbnail

SUNY

For SUNY-related conversations. State University of New York web peeps should join. Others are welcome.
Feb 7

UWEBD has been in existence for more than 10 years and is the very best email discussion list on the Internet, in any industry, on any topic

About

© 2017   Created by Mark Greenfield.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service