The Assistant Director for Online Communications oversees creation and maintenance of the core content of the Elon Web site, the university’s email communications with constituents and the various Internet-based communications via mobile devices and tablets.
- Work in partnership with the university communications team to provide high quality and effective online communications with all constituents.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Elon’s core Web design and content, overseeing the operation of the university’s web content management system and the templates within that system.
- Direct the university communications online team, which includes an applications programmer and website designer.
- Meet with university departments and programs, advise them on creation of online content and manage online content development projects from beginning, through deployment, to long-term content maintenance.
- Work in partnership with university communications designers to ensure a common, consistent and high quality design for Elon’s online communications.
- Work in partnership with the university communications social media developer to integrate social media systems with other Elon online systems.
- Work in partnership with campus technology personnel to ensure reliable server operation and security.
- Answer and route Webmaster e-mail, ensuring that queries receive prompt and accurate attention.
- Gather, interpret and effectively use Elon online communications metrics, including Website traffic.
- Oversee continued development of the university’s Web Policy, ensuring compliance with standards by the campus community.
- Keep up-to-date with online technology development and recommend changes and upgrades as appropriate.
More Information about the opening.