- Serves as strategic planner and chief public relations officer for the unit. Manages budget, staff, vendor relationships and acts as account manager for mission critical web-based marketing initiatives.
- Oversees and directs the development and implementation of the University's website and interactive plan.
- Provides direction for the development and implementation of school/college, key units and other web sites and interactive plans. This involves management of a team of web strategists and web analysts focused on best practices in information architecture, site and landing page design, content development, search engine optimization, search engine marketing (including paid search, user research and site analytics), display, mobile, and other/new digital media strategies.
- Leads a team that plans, executes and manages all aspects of key programs and works cooperatively with marketing and communications staff, internal technology and outside vendors/partners as appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing overall web and digital marketing performance to identify, prioritize and execute appropriately on opportunities for improvement in market effectiveness.
- Serves as a brand ambassador and ensures that web and digital activities are based on a solid brand strategy, positioning/value proposition development, claims development and messaging to attract prospective student and constituents in support of building the FIU brand.
- Works with senior administration to assess trends in digital technology and adopt strategies that are in concert with the university's strategic plan.
- Consults with department faculty and staff, applying expertise to design, develop, test, deploy, and support digital platforms to facilitate university goals, individual department goals, and system integrity for teaching and other tasks. .
- Identifies and collaborates with departmental liaisons to enhance the overall content strategy.
- Reviews departmental digital platforms for required elements, content, format, and accuracy.
- Conducts and assists in organizing hands-on training for faculty, staff, and students on the use of online content development. Communicates relevant advances in web techniques, languages, and technology to faculty and staff.
- Communicates with third parties for applications and programs that will be used as part of the digital landscape for the university.
- Keeps abreast of current digital practices, pedagogy, and the use of web content management systems. Keeps abreast of advances in computing technology that may affect the use of digital technology at the university. Advises administration of possible initiatives that would benefit the University's digital presence.
- Manages a research and development budget and work with other university departments to bring new products online in a decentralized budget model.