Applications are being accepted until December 8, 2013 (see link below)
The Front End Web Developer will work under the supervision of the Director of University Web Content. The incumbent, will work closely with the Web Production Coordinator and the rest of the web content team to facilitate the implementation and support of Stony Brook University's online presence. S/he will implement Stony Brook website design, build and evaluate websites using OU Campus (OmniUpdate) and support the development of online applications and dynamic web pages. The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Build templates and implement features of third-party applications including OmniUpdate CMS (content management system), WordPress and Active Data Calendar.
- Implement Stony Brook University web design within brand and style parameters set by the communications team of the External Relations office.
- Translate visual design, wireframes and prototypes and interaction concepts into functional HTML pages while ensuring high page speed, search engine optimization (SEO) and cross-browser compatibility.
- Build and evaluate engaging, intuitive and user friendly websites using OU Campus (OmniUpdate).
- Provide support for Stony Brook’s CMS by offering training sessions and in-person consultation, creating and maintaining online FAQs and tutorials.
- Other duties as required.