Long time lurker, first time poster. I hope that you have experiences that you will share with us. Our university (University of North Texas) is creating an iTunesU site but it is difficult finding data on how useful it really is for our audiences and for our communication strategy. We know that academic course content can be extremely relevant for our students. But the video and podcasting content that is showcased and publically available is another matter. If you have any thoughts about the questions below, I would love to hear them.
1) Do any of you have any hard data on the visitation and subscription rates for content (video, podcasts, etc)?
2) Do you have any advice on what types of content seem to be the most successful to showcase for your public audiences?
3) Who is the gatekeeper for your public side (if you have one)?
4) What are the key lessons that you have learned about creating and managing a successful iTunesU presence?
5) What type of staff would you recommend to support video on campus?