Please view the complete description and apply by 1) going to http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html, 2) Select "Information Technology/Technical", and then 3) select "IT Associate (Provisional) - Operating Systems/UNIX" - Baruch College
Reporting to the Manager of Network Services and under general supervision, the IT Associate is responsible for working with the Web Services Group to plan and deploy the development and production servers supporting the Linux web site infrastructure.
In addition to the general duties, the IT Associate will also be required to:
- Provide daily monitoring, oversight and maintenance of Linux based web server infrastructure (primarily Red Hat and Ubuntu) to insure maximum uptime.
- Design, build, maintain, migrate, tune, administer, and support three-tiered web/application/database Linux server environments.
- Ensure security of systems, including standard server build and lock-down procedures, and monitoring security access to systems.
- Review system logs daily and report and research warnings and errors.
- Conduct system analyses and develop improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability.
- Perform incident resolution, problem determination and root cause analysis.
- Provide in-depth diagnosis for operating systems software/hardware failures and develop solutions.
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 support to the Help Desk and users.
- Be available to conduct scheduled maintenance, attend to emergencies, and perform other related tasks during non-business hours.