I’m writing to let you know of an awesome opportunity for any of your current students who have an interest in a web-related field, whether it’s on the technical side or content-creation side (or both!): CrowdSource Summit: A Conference for Emerging Web Professionals.
This conference is presented by the Higher Education Web Professionals Association, known more affectionately as HighEdWeb. I’m a member, and I attend its Annual Conference. This year, HighEdWeb is furthering its mission by educating a new audience: college students who want to be “people of the web!”
- CrowdSource Summit is Friday and Saturday, Oct. 17-18.
- Location is the Red Lion Hotel in Portland, Ore.
- Registration is only $50 and includes a t-shirt.
- Hotel rooms are available at a discounted rate.
- Conference website
- The line-up is incredible, and it’s filled with people I’ve seen speak before—they are web rock stars.
- Session topics include accessibility, usability, user experience, mobile interfaces, content strategy and how the web is being used to conquer the digital divide.
Spread the word
- We have a flyer (attached to this post) that you can share with interested students, and/or print out and hang on a department bulletin board. Also, please feel free to share with your colleagues here and other institutions; perhaps you know of other professors with eager web students in the Oregon/Washington area.
- Also visit our communications toolkit for other suggestions.
Group discounts available
Want to bring a group of students to the Summit? We offer discounts for groups (and you can get in free!). Just email email@example.com for details.