The University at Buffalo Academic Affairs Office of Marketing & Communications is seeking a front-end Web developer contractor to join a passionate team. This short-term (4 to 5 months), on-site contract position will focus on an approved set of responsive Web design projects. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who excels in designing and developing front-end Web solutions that are accessible and effective across a wide array of platforms. Working with the project team, the incumbent is directly responsible for HTML and CSS coding in a Wordpress and Foundation environment.
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery
- Expert and demonstrated knowledge of responsive Web design
- Advanced knowledge of mobile-first design and development, and Web and mobile UX/UI
- Expert knowledge of Wordpress
- Advanced knowledge of the Foundation framework
- Excellent visual design ability with a strong understanding of Web interface design, layout and typography
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products
- Working knowledge of Web standards, accessibility, and search engine optimization best practices
- Knowledge of project management tools
- $50 - $75 per hour, commensurate with experience
- This contract position does qualify for benefits, including vacation/holiday pay, health insurance, etc.
- Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Preference is to have someone work full-time, with consideration given to someone who can work a minimum of 3 days per week (minimum of 25 hours).
On site at the University at Buffalo, North Campus
How to Apply
Please email the following documents to Mary Henesey at email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Online portfolio and/or samples of your work and code
- Contact information for three references
Date to be Filled