We are about to start a redesing of our corrent COE web site. I am in the process of setting up a usability lab to test our current site and obtain a baseline so we know where we need to go from here. My questions are:
- how have your own usability testing experiences been? are they worth the time and effort?
- what kinds of questions/tasks did you find to give you the most insight into issues your site may have had?
- what setup (hardware and software) did you use to complete the testing?
- what kind of compensation, if any, did you provide to your test subjects?
- how long did each test take?
- did the conclusions you found through this testing conflict with your pre-conceived ideas and notions of how your web site should have been organized, designed? How about your faculty or staff's?
any other feedback, suggestions, tips, or comments you may have will be greatly appreciated!