EDUCAUSE seeks qualified candidates for a Web Designer who will perform a critical role in ensuring our web properties are standards compliant, cross-browser compatible, and above all, visually compelling. The Designer will be responsible for creating a series of compelling images and designs that will be incorporated into pages on a scheduled basis. The position demands strong creative prowess and a commitment to quality.
- Creates images, illustrations, and informational graphics designed to augment content provided by stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Adjusts images, typography, color schemas, and CSS as needed to achieve a cohesive look and feel and align with organizational brand assets.
- Shepherds design process from whiteboard wireframes and storyboards to digital comps and final products.
- Ensures cross-browser compatibility along with accessibility and search engine optimization of design elements.
- Updates documentation relating to process and location of media assets, use, and schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a design related field with 2+ years experience
- Web 2.0 aesthetic with an accompanying understanding of typography, color theory and whitespace
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders, content producers and web developers
- Strong portfolio of web design activity and illustrations
- Mastery of Photoshop, Fireworks, or other design programs
- Ability to read/write hand-coded XHTML
- Comfortable in a matrix management environment
- Understanding of contemporary web design trends and techniques including:
- Tableless Design
- CSS Frameworks
- CSS Sprites
- CSS 3
- Familiarity with Drupal and Drupal Themes a Big Plus
- 3-5 years of web design experience (agency background a plus)
- Interest in the usability and accessibility of web sites
- Well developed communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members
- Interest in technology or education
EDUCAUSE (http://www.educause.edu) is a Boulder-based nonprofit association (with offices in Washington, DC) whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology. EDUCAUSE provides a casual work environment, offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and is an EOE employer.
Please send your resume and electronic portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org (please specify "Web Designer" in the e-mail subject line), or by mail to EDUCAUSE, Web Designer, 4772 Walnut St., Suite 206, Boulder, CO 80301-2538. This is an exempt, full time position. EDUCAUSE is an EOE employer.