Essential Job Functions:
The Web Developer position assists the University Webmaster in the design, building, and maintenance of the University’s website.
- Plan, develop, and maintain new and existing web applications, data-driven web pages, social media interactions, RSS feeds, web forms that access relational databases, and general website features
- Build content management system (CMS) templates, elements, and customizations; assist in administration of the University’s CMS, PaperThin’s CommonSpot
- Apply proven methodologies and best practices to design and develop interactive websites; serve as a technical resource for tools and technologies used
- Produce functional and well-documented code; troubleshoot, track and fix bugs
- Perform cross-browser and cross-platform testing
- Apply user-centered design process to create high-quality visitor experiences
- Participate in efforts to bring website into compliance with UW-Green Bay website policies and procedures, accessibility standards (e.g., Section 508), and the University Style Guide
- Provide technical support to departmental web authors, including writing clear and concise documentation
- Assist in administration of website analytics
- Assist in preparing HTML email for distribution
- Mobile web, mobile app, HTML5, and CSS3 development may be added as the University moves in that direction
- Participate in professional development activities to keep up with technology and trends
- Assist in supervision of student web developers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- Experience integrating social media such as Flickr, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. into webpages
- Experience developing cross-browser and cross-platform websites
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues
- Three years of web development experience
- Understanding of Section 508 and other accessibility issues
- Experience creating custom themes for WordPress
- Mobile web and/or mobile app development experience
- Web analytics experience
Starting Date: May 2011
Conditions of Appointment: Position is a full-time academic staff appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: Salary Range $46,912 - $52,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
To Apply: Submit a letter of application that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions listed above, a resume, work examples via URL links and a description of your involvement, unofficial transcripts of the highest degree achieved and contact information for three references.
Completed materials should be submitted electronically as Microsoft Word or PDF attachments. If you are unable to submit materials electronically in this format please call or email for special arrangements.
Submit application materials to:
Phone: (920) 465-2951
Application Deadline: To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by April 20, 2011. Files must be complete to be considered.
Note: Information regarding the names of certified candidates must be released upon request.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an AA/EEO employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members.
Original Posting: http://www.uwgb.edu/hr/Jobs/position601.html