Learn more at: http://www.callutheran.edu/hr/jobs_detail.php?position_id=944
California Lutheran University’s Office of Web Communications seeks a Web Media Producer to work in a collaborative team environment producing and editing audio, video and other multimedia programs to enhance the University’s electronic marketing and media communications efforts. This position reports to the Director of Web Communications.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, capturing and editing video footage, producing high-quality animation, special effects, and graphics; producing the audio portion of media programs; providing basic photography services including shooting, photo editing, and cataloging.
- Video production duties include filming a variety of interview and b-roll footage both in studio and on location, editing footage in Final Cut Pro for web delivery, audio capture and editing of soundtracks and dialogue, animation and motion graphics with Apple Motion and Adobe After Effects.
- Photography duties include covering campus events and individual portraits, photo editing and post-production, tagging and sorting photo collections, publishing and managing web-based photo catalog, assisting in the selection of photography for a variety of marketing projects.
- Organize video and photography asset collections, manage backups, and maintain equipment.
- Coordinate video projects with outside video production firms.
- Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro and/or Pro Tools, After Effects, Motion, Photoshop.
- Video editing concepts and techniques.
- Videography with both traditional camcorders and DSLRs.
- Video production techniques including storyboarding and script writing, camera operation, lighting, logging, and editing.
- Audio recording, mixing, and production.
- Photography and photo editing.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in media technology or related field, or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- Three years experience in multimedia authoring and video production.
- Demonstrated skills in multimedia authoring and video production.