If you have…
- Solid web programming skills
- A passion for staying current with web technology trends
- Experience with larger web projects such as: CMS implementations, web applications, mobile-friendly site redesigns
- The ability to be a visionary leader
…we’re looking for you!
The position of Web Services Manager is responsible for the day-to-day technical operations, maintenance and administration of the University's websites and content management system. In addition, the Web Services Manager will be responsible for web application development. This position will report to the Associate Provost for Information Services/CIO.
The position of Web Services Manager will include the following responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, and maintain new and existing web applications, data-driven web pages, RSS feeds and general website features.
- Build content management system templates, elements and customizations.
- Administer the University's content management system.
- Apply proven methodologies and best practices to design and develop interactive websites.
- Serve as a technical resource for utilized tools and technologies.
- Develop data-driven web applications.
- Produce functional and well-documented code.
- Troubleshoot, track and fix bugs as necessary.
- Administer WordPress, Google Analytics and Google Mini search appliance.
- Develop mobile websites and applications.
- Supervise web development staff including student employees.
- Manage and coordinate team schedules, allocations and deliverables.
- Prioritize and manage web projects.
More information can be found on our HR website:
- Bachelor's degree at time of application
- Three years of web development experience
- Web Application development experience using scripting/programming languages such as PHP, ASP and ASP.NET
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with deployment of an enterprise content management system such as WordPress, Joomla or Plone
- Experience creating custom themes and plugins for WordPress or other content management systems
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex web/IT projects
- Knowledge of responsive web design and web accessibility issues
- Experience integrating social media such as Facebook and Twitter using APIs
- Web analytics experience
- Mobile web experience
- Supervisory experience