We are in the middle of launching our new website and we've hit a snag-
We changed the domain from our beta. site to www for going live- used the following script:
Beta.domain changed to domain
We now have one site (library !!!!!! ) that has no style sheet attached to it. Others sites are missing the header images, some links are broken. Main site seems to be OK.
Are there any known issues or anyone had a similar experience that can help point us in the right direction? We think the find and replace is part of the issue, but we are pretty stumped right now.
Eric- Thank you so much. I can't tell you how helpful you've been. We will go through all these recommendations and get to the bottom of it eventually!
Sarah - From what I've heard it's probably either one of two things.
1. a problem with the .htaccess file. either the Rewrite base is incorrect, or the rules Eric highlighted above are incorrect.
2. the search and replace query wasn't specific enough, or the script itself timed out. What were the exact 'old' and 'new' urls you used for the query?
Thank you, Cara. I really appreciate all your help. I'm not sure but as soon as our Web Coordinator has a second I'll have him take a look at this thread and see what he can make of it all, and hopefully give you more info to go on.
What's showing in the outputted source code? Is the stylesheet not being included at all, or is it looking in the wrong directory?
I'm getting our Web Coordinator on here to give you the info you need.
You need to check all your theme files. There are beta urls in those files need to be updated as well. I think that's where most of your problems are coming from. Most importantly your header.php and footer.php and stylesheets, but I'd check them all.
You'll need to manually update URLS in your widgets as well, as those aren't covered by the script either. (ie. your text/HTML widgets that are used in the footer).
-Custom Header URL image needs to be update
Cara- Many Thanks. Have a great night and I will look forward to posting an "progress update" tomorrow. :)
Good Morning Cara- We figured out that in trying to set up a cpanel redirect for an existing virtual domain (for the library) that interfered with the file structure etc and caused the disconnect with the library files. We resolved everything over the weekend and are about the flip the final switch and go to the new site. Thanks again for your very helpful assistance. It made a huge difference!
No problem, happy to help! Congrats on the launch!
Eric- Thanks for all your help last week. We did resolve our problem and got everything up and running. a virtual domain was interfering with the existing /library files....... Have a great week!!!
Cool, glad you got it figured out!