An organization that practices accountability will be able to measure the success of their students and use that information to improve. Being accountable means tracking the money and efforts spent, then using statistical measurements to determine outcomes and finally, making those outcomes public.
Good resources for learning more about accountability systems:
- NAICU, the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- U-CAN, first national consumer information tool developed by colleges and universities themselves
- Voluntary System of Accountability (VSA).
- Lumina Foundation private, independent foundation, strives to help people achieve their potential by expanding access to and success in education beyond high school
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Goals include increasing the number of young adults who complete their postsecondary education