Sorry to hit the list and the site, but for those who may have defected from the list...
Apply via Careerbuilder
Discover your new career with us!
Founded in 1962, Lynn University, nominated as one of the “Best Places to Work” in South Florida by The South Florida Business Journal, is currently accepting applications for the position of a hands on Web Manager. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communication, the successful candidate will work in a team environment, to develop and maintain the comprehensive structure of Lynn’s Web presence, including both its Internet and intranet portal sites. The Web Manager will ensure that Lynn University’s Web sites support the university’s mission and internal and external communication objectives while adhering to relevant industry standards and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Supervision of two Web multimedia developers
• Manage the complete redesign (already ongoing) and maintenance plan for both the 5000+-page www.lynn.edu
Web site and the myLynn intranet portal used by faculty, staff, and students.
• Understand client needs and manage day-to-day communication and issue resolution among all project stakeholders in a professional and positive manner. Be inspired to remove complexity so all constituents have a common understanding of goals and objectives.
• Work in conjunction with other marketing staff (writers, editors, videographers, marketing director, and designers) to build Web content and structure and execute other marketing projects.
• Prioritize tasks, take initiative, and provide follow-through to streamline processes and create an effective and efficient work flow. Develop and maintain a system to track and report statistics of Web site activity.
• Methodically encourage university departments to use all possible system capabilities to enhance the Web site and portal. This includes developing a user-friendly content management protocol that will permit university departments to update their content.
• Work closely with IT to maximize Web potential.
• Oversee the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic Web plan to accomplish the shift from an institution-centered to a user-centered Web presence.
• Create and maintain Web standard/style/branding guidelines for the look, feel, and functionality of the Web sites and Web-based communication; ensure that these guidelines are adhered to.
• See that Lynn University Web technology matches industry standards and government regulations.
• Proactively champion the on-going application of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) principles and tools to consistently secure high search engine rankings for the university’s Web sites.
• Plan and design the layout of certain special Web pages, generate their content based on information received from various departments, and manage their posting on the university servers.
• Serve as principal contact to vendors and service providers.
• Master's degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience managing mid to large level organization-wide Web projects including creative, technical, and strategy components is essential.
• Web oversight in an academic setting, particularly experience rebuilding a university Web site, is preferred.
• Understanding of SEO required.
• Demonstrated experience creating media content using Flash and graphics production tools such as Photoshop or Illustrator; solid knowledge of HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS, and PHP; and experience developing information architecture for a user-centered Web site.
• Video editing or production experience a plus.
• Web Manager must maintain in-depth knowledge of Web coding and editing, scripting languages, database management, and image processing.
• Capable of both large-scale planning and micro-level decision-making.
• Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with frequent interruptions.
• A portfolio of work with accompanying descriptions is required.
• Salary history required to be considered for the position.