College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Business seeks a Web Developer responsible for the College's web design. The primary focus for this full-time, non-tenured academic professional position will be to leverage available web technologies and services (including a Web CMS), extensive technical skill, and strong independent judgment and decision making skills to architect and implement web sites that serve the College's marketing, recruitment, and public engagement goals. The developer joins the IT group and will report to the Assistant Director.
- Design and maintain templates and themes for the College's WordPress site and collaborate on learning management solutions, campus Toolbox services, and more.
- Design highly usable and compelling web interfaces that conform to accessibility standards as well as College and University identity and branding standards.
- Work collaboratively to create and implement the College's strategy for web presence and otherwise actively participate in all aspects of web site development including analysis, planning, implementation, testing and evaluation.
- Develop and/or integrate features and services for College web sites - primarily WordPress plugins, but may also include integration with .NET services.
- Provide service management for College web site services with the goal of making our web sites and the environment(s) on which they run, easy-to-use and maintain, performant, secure, feature-rich, and agile.
- Support continuous improvement efforts and metrics-based decision-making through effective implementation and management of search and site analytics technologies.
- Contribute to support, training, governance, and awareness efforts for WordPress and other end-user-facing web solutions in our web site environment.
- Stay informed about current trends in web technologies and related areas such as user interface design, accessibility, web services and other integration technologies, analytics, and mobile-device support.
- Supervise students including hire, assign projects and follow up on their progress.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Science
- Two years' experience designing and developing WordPress themes
- A strong design sensibility for building highly dynamic, attractive pages and templates that align with College and University visual identities/branding
- Strong communication skills including ability to present ideas/concepts to team members and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Proven ability to identify and meet project requirements and deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Must be able to interact well with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students in a fast-paced higher education environment, and in a professional and productive manner
- Knowledge of best practices for the web, including accessibility and usability standards.
- Experience as developer (programmer) of WordPress plugins using PHP
- Documented experience integrating external data sources and services in web sites
- Experience with database design and administration of MS SQL or MySQL
- Familiarity with industry trends such as responsive design
- Familiarity with web-related technologies and services at the University of Illinois
Salary will be commensurate with training and experience. Full benefits package included.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references as a single PDF file by March 6, 2015. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email email@example.com.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu)
More Information on University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.